The art and science of co-facilitation
Based on the ORSC model, Alchemy is a three-day course designed for pairs that co-facilitate, co-train,
co-present or co-coach.
Have you ever left a workshop feeling uplifted and inspired? How about ready, able and excited to implement what you have learned? Creating that kind of impact is what Alchemy is all about.
Magical co-facilitation doesn’t just happen. But knowing how to mix science and relationship systems theory with verve and vitality gives you and your partner the power to create and deliver great programs together.
Alchemy is for facilitators who want to “up their game.” You will incorporate the latest from systems and adult learning theories plus tips from neuroscience into your repertoire. And you will learn how to deliver seamlessly and in-sync with your partner.
The focus is on co-delivery. The dynamic of two people facilitating well together creates a deep connection with participants and a sense of energy and safety that support learning that sticks.
It’s all about chemistry.
Create chemistry with your co-facilitator.
- Align so you can deliver together seamlessly – even if you have just met.
- Be aware of and receptive to your co-facilitator and the energy of the group.
- Make each other shine – even when you disagree.
- Help learners see your co-facilitator’s brilliant demonstration of what you are teaching.
Master your impact on participants and their learning.
- Charm participants to enhance their success
- Model intended behaviours as you are teaching them
- Set or change the energy and pace consciously and intentionally
- Craft clever transitions when moving from one section to another
Apply adult learning theory and neuroscience.
- Ensure the learning sticks by setting participants up for success.
- Point participants’ attention to what you want them to learn.
- Have fluid, meaningful debriefs that cement this new learning.
- Give generous and incisive feedback.
Have easy command instead of a regimented power and control style of teaching.
- Shift from focusing on your agenda to focusing on what your learners need.
- Trust yourself so you can tear up your script and respond to what’s needed in the moment.
- Create more of your intended learning by working with what’s in the room.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Together with your partner learn to shift your attention from yourselves as individuals, to the power of your Third Entity.
- Learn that it is not up to YOU, it is up to your partnership!
- Learn the strengths and edges of who you are in partnership.
- Naturally deepen your connection and range as you lean into your relationship.
- Learn how to create more safety, trust and permission so your relationship can really fly rather than be merely “safe” and uninspiring.
- Walk away with tools to support and create a wise, dynamic partnership that is bold, resilient and committed to delivering value to the client.
What our people say.
Hear from CRR Global Faculty members Kat Hay and Janet Frood how Alchemy has impacted their leadership.
Who would benefit from this training?
This three-day workshop is for trainers and coaches who want to learn truly great facilitation techniques. You will learn many new tools and concepts, you will have plenty of opportunity to practice and you will receive discerning, constructive feedback from course leaders and participants. Although the emphasis is on co-delivery, your solo facilitation will also be transformed.
This course is available in a virtual or in-person format depending on your location. Whether delivered in-person or virtual, experiential learning and active participation are at their core.
At the end of the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion. By completing this course you’ll qualify for 16.5 Continuous Coach Education Units.
This course deeply explores the concept of The Third Entity™ as coach, and allowed us to enhance our understanding of what makes a successful facilitator a powerful co-leader. We’ve been coaching-partners for years, and the Alchemy course has brought our partnership to a new level. We highly recommend it to anyone who is called upon to work in tandem with another professional to lead, train, coach, counsel or facilitate.
Shekinah Shepherd CPCC, ORSCC and Mike Dorman CPCC
Exploring Relationship Systems Intelligence.
Alchemy is inspired on CRR Global’s cutting-edge coaching model based on Systems Theory, Process Work, Family Systems Therapy, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Quantum Physics, Co-Active Coaching™ and more. At its core is the evolution of the principles of Emotional Intelligence (relationship with oneself), and Social Intelligence (relationship with other) to Relationship Systems Intelligence (RSI) where the focus is on the collective wisdom of the group, team or system.
Find a CRR Global Partner near you.
Our courses are organized by region by our network of Partners across the globe. Find your local CRR Global Partner to book a course!
If your country of residence is not listed below, please contact us so that we can help find a Partner to fit your needs.