Roles and Structure™
The Geography course is part of the ORSC™ series. Geography gives a broad and practical approach to working with many of the functional structures of relationship systems. When we develop relationships —at work or in our personal lives— we create semi-permanent structures. This course explores how to recognize and nurture those structures.
You will explore key ORSC tools.
Differences can create confusion, misunderstandings and barriers to growth when they are not embraced. “Why don’t you do things my way?” “Why don’t you value what I value?” “Why don’t you approach problems the way I do?” “Why can’t you be more like me?”
If you’ve ever worked with a client who is “stuck,” in this kind of thinking, you’ll appreciate the simple and elegant tools this course provides for moving beyond that place. Lands Work allows participants to develop an awareness of the diversity and differences which people add to a system and proactively create from these differences, while flexing their empathic abilities.
Often people become identified with the job they are doing, whether that job be a physical task they are performing (an “outer role” like a CEO or Teacher) or an emotional job for which they feel responsible (an “inner role” like being the peacemaker, or the one who speaks up about things). This course examines the distinction between the person and those many roles that can be occupied consciously, intentionally and skillfully.
De-personalizing the roles that exist in a system opens up new possibilities for how those roles interact. When issues arise for your clients, you’ll be equipped to help them look at a role that needs to be occupied differently, and move beyond blame, guilt and personal failure.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the function of relationship structures, (for example, outer and inner roles) for providing stability to relationship systems of all kinds.
- Recognize the need for periodic change in these structures in order to avoid “role nausea” and role rigidity over time.
- Have a concrete model and tools for working with diversity issues in relationships (My Land, Your Land, Our Land). You will have practiced these techniques in personal and organizational scenarios.
- Be able to assess the role of internal aspects of selves (secret selves) in relationship and have a tool for coaching them.
- Be aware of the impact of cultural biases on relationship systems and have tools for coaching that impact. You will practice these tools through personal and organizational scenarios.
- Have tools for creating greater empathy around individual and organizational differences, and be able to creatively harness those differences.
- Have the opportunity to explore professional practices relevant to Relationship Systems coaching (building the niche, networking, consultation, practice building, etc.).
Part of the ORSC™ Series.
All courses of the ORSC series must be taken in the following order as each course builds upon the previous one.
- Fundamentals of ORSC™ or ORS@Work
- Intelligence: a Roadmap for Change™
- Geography: Roles & Structure™
- Path: Vision & Potential™
- Systems Integration: Moving Toward Mastery™
Students must have completed the Fundamentals of ORSC™ or ORS@Work prior to registering for ORSC™ Intelligence.
Who would benefit from this training?
- Experienced coaches who want to develop a new market niche, coaching relationship systems in any industry.
- Personal, executive and organizational coaches who want to skill-up to be able to work with larger groups and teams.
- Agile coaches and project managers.
- Mediators, lawyers, couples and family therapists.
- OD consultants.
- Anyone for whom “relationship matters” to drive their business.
What to expect.
All courses are led by CRR Global Faculty members. They are highly qualified and experienced coach practitioners who will share with you real-life examples of the successful application of tools and competencies.
At CRR Global, we practice experiential learning with a focus on active participation and learning by doing. There will be numerous opportunities for you to coach and facilitate, as well as to receive feedback on your newly acquired relationship systems coaching skills.
To deepen the learning, participants will have to organise from within their own network an actual relationship system to coach during an evening within the training course.
This course is available in a virtual or in-person format depending on your location. Just like our in-person courses, our virtual courses give you access to the full suite of Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching (ORSC™) tools. Whether delivered in-person or virtual, experiential learning and active participation are at their core.
ORSC™ Geography is part of the ORSC Series, CRR Global’s ICF Accredited Coach Training Program. By completing this module you will qualify for 18 Continuous Coach Education Units from the International Coaching Federation (18 ICF CCEUS).
Geography is a practical, tool driven, and fascinating course. I left with a number of fresh insights, new tactics and a deeper understanding of the underlying structure of relationships. The very next day, I was able to put many of them into practice within my corporate environment and executive coaching practice.
Jim Coyle CPCC, CFP
Founder, Mastery In Action Coaching
Geography is a practical, tool-driven and fascinating course. I left with a number of fresh insights, new tactics and a deeper understanding of the underlying structure of relationships. The very next day, I was able to put many of them into practice within my corporate environment and executive coaching practice.
Jim Kelly CFP, CPCC
Assistant Vice President Retail Sales and Marketing, Prairie Region Canadian Western Bank
Exploring Relationship Systems Intelligence.
You will further explore a cutting-edge coaching model based on Systems Theory, Process Work, Family Systems Therapy, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Quantum Physics, Co-Active Coaching™ and more. At its core is the evolution of the principles of Emotional Intelligence (relationship with oneself), and Social Intelligence (relationship with other) to Relationship Systems Intelligence (RSI) where the focus is on the collective wisdom of the group, team or system.
How to book a course.
Our courses are organized by region by our network of Partners across the globe. Book a course with your local CRR Global partner!